The new agreement between Telewizja Polsat and Volleyball World covers broadcasts from a number of volleyball competitions:
– World Championships among women and men in 2022 (to be held in Poland), 2026 and 2030;
– Publication of the League of Nations until 2032, including fourteen qualifying tournaments and two final tournaments to be held in Poland;
– Club World Cup,
– World Beach Volleyball Championships and Beach Pro Tour Tournament Series,
– New international national team tournament for 2025 and 2029.
– Volleyball is our national discipline, which surpasses everyone for its success. As Polsat and Plus network, we have been supporting volleyball for many years. We are very proud to be able to participate in these successes and welcome our players and rivals in the fight for new ones, ”said Zygmunt Solorz, founder of Telewizja Polsat and a majority shareholder in Cyfrowy Polsat.
– When I was elected president of the FIVB, I promised to look for new opportunities and innovations for volleyball. We fulfilled these promises by signing a new contract with Telewizja Polsat and building the Volleyball World. Ari Graca, President of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB), commented that this agreement is proof of the correctness of our groundbreaking decision to create the World of Volleyball.
– I have no doubt that Polsat will ensure the highest quality of television production and show Polish fans the best in our sports discipline. This partnership reflects the great popularity of volleyball in Poland and confirms its growing value around the world, both indoors and on the beach version, he claims.
Polsat will broadcast programs from this year’s World Volleyball Championship
This was reported in mid-April This year’s World Volleyball Championship, originally planned in Russia, will be held in Poland and Slovenia. The tournament will last from August 26 to September 11. On the other hand, the world volleyball championship will be held in Poland and the Netherlands from September 23 to October 15.
Polsat TV During both tournaments, he will be responsible for the production and distribution of television signals from matches played in Poland.
– We have up to six sports channels, thanks to which we can host the biggest tournaments and our viewers can watch several matches at the same time. We have just launched the most modern broadcasting van in this part of Europe. It works on HDR technology and provides viewers with four times more detailed images than before – says Stanislaw Janowski, president of Telewizja Polsat.
“Thus, Polsat has once again reached the top in the field of television production, and our viewers, sitting at home and watching our sports programs, may get the impression that they are on the field,” he added.
The previous contract between Telewizja Polsat and the FIVB, signed in early 2018, was to broadcast national team games until 2024. In the fall of 2018, broadcaster Telewizja Polska was licensed for three years to broadcast matches for points with the participation of our women’s and men’s national teams.
Cyfrowy Polsat shows and sponsors Polish volleyball leagues
Polish Television also broadcasts other volleyball games. In September last year, Poland extended its contract for seven years to represent the volleyball league.
In addition, the Plus telecommunications network owned by Cyfrowy Polsat is still the main sponsor of the Volleyball League (operating under the name PlusLiga) and the strategic sponsor of the Tauron Women’s League.
In mid-2020, Polsat acquired exclusive rights to broadcast the five-season Volleyball Champions League, the CEV Cup and the Women’s and Men’s Challenge Cup. Previously, Canal + showed the Champions League for two years.
In the first quarter of this year. Telewizja Polsat (including Eleven Sports) grew its advertising and TV sponsorship revenues by 0.6%. Up to 273 million PLN. The entire media segment of the Cyfrowy Polsat group (part of which also covers Internet platforms, including Interia, Polsat Go and Polsat Box Go) grew by 5% in revenue. EBITDA decreased by 34% to 543 million PLN. Up to 97 million PLN.
On the other hand, the entire Cyfrowy Polsat capital group recorded a 2.99 billion PLN in sales revenue (almost the same as the previous one) and a 44.8% decrease in the parent company’s net profit. Up to 214.9 million PLN.