They were united by their passion for cycling. Ania traveled alone from Poland to Nordkappa for three months. One day Peter came to talk about his departure, and it sparked. He was not a cyclist. He cycled through the Gobi Desert and around Europe. Together they set off for Latin America on two wheels. They decided to transfer how they lived on expeditions, in the rhythm of nature, in accordance with the sunrise and sunset, as close to nature and animals as possible.
Eighty years ago, Piotr’s grandmother and grandfather built a wooden house on a large meadow in Baszowice.Near Nowa Słupia, from the beginning of the path to Święty Krzyż.
– We have been preparing to establish a donkey farm for five years. We learned a lot, we went to donkey volunteers in Poland and France. We did not think of a place to build a farm, where a house left by my grandmother with a tiled stove was waiting for us. We took what happened, he says.
Peter. – We came to this conclusion It would be nice to have a dormitory, because we would not be able to live on donkeys alone.. We have always thought about different sources of income – he adds.
They left the country. We went to him near a large field of sunflowers that bloomed in August. The delicate mehde seemed to float in the rolling yellow sea. – How beautiful it is here, – we say entering the country at the same time.
Made of natural materials, It is written in the plan of a circle with a sky light where you can look at the sky at the top of the dome.lie down in a comfortable bed. It is different from most homes with a bathroom and kitchen.
Here they are located in a neat extension, which allows guests to enjoy the full oval of the country, because it is very spacious. You just want to take the yoga mat off the shelf and start practicing. In winter, light a fire in the passage at home, and in summer the air conditioner provides comfort from the heat. There is a terrace outside and a maple garden with a hammock.
– We try to describe well what is expected of us. There will be mosquitoes, donkeys will defecate under the house, we will not mow the lawn. We do not change towels every day, we do not iron the beds. We use natural cleansers. We don’t have a TV or Wi-Fi. But we have our favorite landseer Pestka and four cats. Storks and crows come to us in spring, and pheasants chase us in autumn. We know where the wild sauna is in the area.
From November, donkeys come to visit because they are close to home. We see children clinging to glass as they eat algae and look at animals, says Ania. At home, you can order breakfast prepared by the hosts. They bake delicious bread, make delicious porridge and various vegetable pastries.
Piotr studied mechatronics, painting at the Ania Academy of Arts and special education, where he heard about the methods of working with donkeys and the need for kindness with them. Peter later became interested in the subject. They lived in Krakow and in a big city there was a place for animals …
Today he explains:
– Unfortunately, man is accustomed to working with a horse whip. He doesn’t work on a donkey, denies himself on the spot or runs away.
– You can’t do anything violently. It is a non-dominant animal in the herd, so the donkey does not understand this dominance.
We can hurt a donkey by force, and he will never forget it. You need kindness and patience with him. Such work requires more from us and is more difficult. If someone does not know the nature of the donkey and cannot establish a relationship of trust and respect with him, he sees that the donkey is stubborn. Unfortunately, there must be something wrong with this person’s approach.
We love listening to the donkey stories of the presenters. They have a great love for these animals. We learn how donkeys care for each other. When one member of the flock is in a worse situation, the others are convinced that it is better for him. Unlike other animals, which tend to reject weak individuals, donkeys work on the principle that each member of the herd is equally important.and a lone donkey does not defend itself. We were told that there should be at least three donkeys on the farm. The person will feel lonely. In two years, if something happens to one, the other becomes depressed.
There are eight donkeys in Baszowice.
– All these donkeys are boys. As in nature: there is either a herd of harems, ie boys and the rest are women, or a herd of bachelors. Our herd is big enough for us. The largest in Poland is 28 donkeys – explains Ania.
– Reproduction and reproduction is a completely different story from what we do. You have to have a completely different background.
Onotherapy is Aniya’s specialty. – You should pay more attention to the psychological aspect than the physical. These are donkey workouts and not horseback riding. It is important to have a safe and deep connection with other living things. Being with a donkey gives a lot of emotional experiences. You can caress, touch and hug it.
Onotherapy is to relax deeply, calm down, catch a different rhythm. It’s a fun time to relieve stress, but also for new experiences. Children with disabilities from certain kindergartens apply to us. They live with us and then work with their psychologists on proper therapy says the hostess.
Piotr and Ania dream of organizing small and big donkey trekkings. Nobody does it in Poland, and in France it is a popular activity. Today, the donkeys that live with them have gone on such voyages for weeks, even like animal sherbet.
“When I grow old, I would like to sit in Gus and go to the store. – Piotrek laughs.
Their two donkeys are poitou. Weighing about half a ton, these largest donkeys can be ridden by an adult male.
OSIOŁKOWO – Farm with donkeys, Baszowice 80, 26-006 Nowa Słupia, phone: 515 555 757, www.osiolkowo.pl.
More about the book “Breathe from the city. Mountains”. You can get acquainted with the authors’ instagram profile. Life after work.
Date of creation: Today, 13:04