Ofemi is visited by several million users a month. For the ninth month in a row, the portal maintains a leading position in the ranking of the most popular women’s sites. Meet Ofemi’s team, which strives to inform, inspire and strengthen its users every day.
About Ofemi’s group
It consists of the editorial staff of Ofemi six people: Kaja Gołuchowska, Dagmara Łacny, Karolina Reszkowska, Karolina Wasiczek, Ania Lalki and Kasia Czekaj, work as TikTok specialists.
About team and work management and mental health during a pandemic
During the pandemic, I began to build the team of the current Ofemi. It was very difficult, because our relationship was created through computer screens. From the manager’s point of view, I wanted each of the girls to feel like an equal member of the team. The MBTI personality test, which allowed me to get to know myself better, also helped us, and I was able to adapt the management style to each person – Karolina Kaja GoluchovskaEditor-in-Chief.
Karolina Kaja Gołuchowska – Editor-in-Chief / Photo author: Karolina Jackowska, pink element shirt and ring, with permission of Louis Store
He also emphasizes that it is an important element of team management focus on the mental health aspect – Research shows that during the pandemic we were especially exposed to exhaustion and psychological problems. I try to tell myself and the girls “don’t waste it”. As journalists, we often deal with various social issues, and it is tempting to sit for hours after work. However, I think this is not a sprint, but a marathon. We also need to maintain balance in our profession.
After all, true creativity comes when you have a place in your head, and for this you need rest and a balanced schedule of the day.
– Lifestyle media has a certain history in the description and transportation of women. We want Ofemi to inform, inspire and strengthen women. We want to use comprehensive language. Add the essence of Ofemi to each topic. We make mistakes, we learn from them, I have a feeling that we are moving forward and trying to be better – he concludes.
You can find Kaja on Instagram @kajagoluchowska.
How to make a modern lifestyle website
Dagmara Łacny He joined the team in July 2021. Previously, he worked as a foreign editor on the site for a year.
Author of Dagmara Łacny Ofemi / Photo: Karolina Jackowska
– When Kaja Goluchovska offered me to join the editorial staff, I did not think much about the answer. At the moment, I think Ofemi is like that It is one of the most interesting women’s sites in the Polish marketWho dares to raise many valuable issues that are extremely important for Polish women. We also do not shy away from stories about celebrities, fashion or trends, but we always try to approach these topics in the most interesting way to present them to our readers. Dagmara adds that working for Ofemini also allows him to publicize the topics he covers as part of his work in the Polish branch. Fashion Revolution.
Great image change
Karolina Reszkowska He joined Ofeminin in 2019 as an editor, then rose to the position of content trade editor in 2021. He does this on a daily basis respond to local texts and customer information.
Author of Karolina Reszkowska Ofemi / Photo: Karolina Jackowska
– When I appeared in Ofemini, the website was immediately after the image change, which aimed to create a society of women who are not defined by their appearance, who are aware of their abilities and values. Responsibly, I try to create articles that not only serve the development of the portal, but also try to strengthen women with the belief that such a thing does not exist. forced (in itself) change – these are only areas that are synonymous with the will to develop and change, but how we interpret them.
Carolina da She is a member of the Girls-Machines mentoring program teamto ensure that inexperienced authors have a place on the pages of Ofemi’s portal to take their first steps to publish content.
There is no universal experience of femininity
Carolina Vasicek He worked with the editorial team from May 2021, but joined the team full-time in August.
Author of Karolina Wasiczek Ofemi / Photo: Karolina Jackowska, Marynarka: Kate Zach Vintage Store @ vinyl.stuff
– Why Ofemin? Because I believe in it there is no universal experience of femininity, and we try to evaluate every face of it on our site. This is reflected in the different styles, characters and interests that are intertwined in the editorial office, he says.
During my first week in office, I occasionally wrote about 1950s fashion, exotic frogs, or changes in Polish politics.
– he laughs.
– I appreciate it very much creative freedomOfemini offers us and I look forward to future projects here. I am especially interested in social issues due to my vocational education and those related to psychology and mental healthTherefore, I am glad that as a portal we have the opportunity to publicize important issues and offer readers a different perspective, – says a student of the Faculty of Journalism and Social Communication and Psychology.
Women’s stories inspire us every day
Ania Lalka He joined the editorial team in May 2021, having previously collaborated with the portal as a foreign author. – I am a feminist. Women’s stories inspire me every day. “I have the opportunity to make room for them in the office,” he said.
Ania Lalka Ofemi / Photo by Karolina Jackowska, Cardigan: Monki, courtesy of Aliganza
– Sometimes we forget that the perspective of women, which is not based on gender stereotypes, is a very new story in the media. I believe we are great It is part of this positive change in Poland. Women are finally gaining votes and gaining subjectivity, he says. In her texts, she focuses more on violence against women, reproductive rights, sexuality, physicality, and the image of women in pop culture.
– It is important for me to write about the harm suffered by women. But it’s equally important to highlight stories about our strengths, dreams and accomplishments, he adds. He is one of the presenters of Ofemi’s podcast “What do girls want”.
You can find Ania on Instagram @anialalka.
Z generation and social media
Wait for Kasia He joined the editorial office in January this year TikTok Content Specialistand its main task is to create video content on topics related to feminism, female viewmotherhood, violence against women and pop culture.
Kasia Czekaj Ofeminin / Cinematographer: Karolina Jackowska, Marynarka Kate Zach Vintage Store @ vinyl.stuff
– Working with audiovisual content has been an integral part of my life for many years. The TikTok format itself is unique thanks to an algorithm that helps us reach new people and show our perspective on the given issues – comments
– Ofemini allows me to freely create different types of content, from didactic to crime and information. contact Z generationbecause I myself am from this generation and I see great potential in it to discuss the future of women, – concludes Chekaj.
There are more than us!
In the photo from the left: Isabela Bielcka-Gnaś, Joanna Wantoch-Rekowska, Justyna Motrenko, Agata Czucha. Author of the photo / photo: Carolina Jackowska
Ofeminin cannot exist without: Iza Bielecka-Gnaś (Business and Product Manager), Martyna Majchrzak (Managing Director Vertical), Justina Motrenko (Marketing), Or Więckowska (Segment Marketing Manager), Asia Wantoch-Rekowska (Special Sales Group), Agata Czucha (Content Marketing, Expert Club) and Lucyna Byrdy (Expert Club), as well as many other people who support our daily work within the group Ringier Axel Springer Polska.