Exciting news from Wroclaw spread throughout the media in Poland: a crocodile fleeing from private livestock was caught. But there were more such exotic escapees. Here are some examples.
The ostrich that escaped from Szczecin
The ostrich is finally caught! Now the search for its owner continues, according to media reports in the north of the country. In 2019, an ostrich was caught by a city hunter in ul cemetery. Bronovicka in Szczec.
“We locked him there so that he wouldn’t run under the train because he was on the rails,” said an employee of the Institute of Public Utilities. This was not easy, because ostriches are cowards. However, the identity of the disobedient ostrich has not been determined.
– A few weeks ago, an ostrich was seen by a police officer in Kołbaskowo. We reported on the incident to a city hunter and a veterinarian in Szczecin – said police woman Katarzyna Leśnicka.
– We asked the owners of the slaughterhouses in the district. No one has reported casualties, so the whereabouts of the ostrich are unknown. Maybe from the German side?
The crocodile swam in Wroclaw
Crocodile in Wroclaw in Redzin. In 2020, this information from travelers electrified the city’s residents. Many went to see exotic reptiles with their own eyes. At 13:00 on Sunday, the crocodile was still swimming quietly in a pond in Redzin.
Due to the great interest of residents and the media, the police quickly cordoned off the area and organized a patrol service to prevent anyone from obstructing or injuring the animal.
A few minutes later, the crawling specialist was caught by the company.
Toxic Twożnica in Krakow
The venomous snakes – two Camburian frogs – were searched by police in 1994 at Planti Park in Krakow. The snakes were in the trunk of a grower crawling from a robbed train.
The thief took the pedigree luggage, but he realized that stealing was not good for him and got rid of the snakes.
In the center of the city, a venomous reptile drew attention as it soaked quietly in the sun at Planty Park. The next day, the second was found in a plastic bag in the corridor of the Krakow Krowodrza District Court.
A forensic expert on venomous snakes took both samples and took them to his collection. Residents of Krakow were able to breathe easily.
The danger is over.
The disobedient Kangaroo in Goren is great
Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voevodeship forester Maciej Namieśnik saw a kangaroo on the road in June 2020 while traveling by car. It turned out that the animal left the Green School in Goreń Duży. The search for the fugitive continued intensively.
A dragon from Częstochowa was waiting in the shelter
The gray dragon – a lizard more than a meter in size – in 2003, he spent several hours in a shelter for stray animals on Gilova Street in Chestochova.
“The dragon was caught by one of our employees who knows these animals,” said Magorzata Tomiska, the shelter’s manager.
– The lizard was not aggressive and was taken to the shelter without any problems. The reptile was in a metal cage. The next day the landlord came to him – he said.
As we have learned unofficially, there were dozens of dragons in the owner’s terrarium.
The Gray Dragon is a species of lizard found in the deserts of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Southwest and Central Asia.
The temptation of Uluya from Supsk
Uluyan escaped from a zoo in the Charlotte Valley near Supsk.
This South American monkey is soft and harmless to humans, but as its name suggests, it howles loudly. Kindergarten staff asked for help to catch the fugitive.
The animal, along with others, was seen on Republic Road No. 21. He went under the hood of the car and then hid in the bushes.
The hunter looked like two colleagues who did not dare to run away from the zoo: dark brown, almost black hair, about half a meter long. The forest area around the zoo and the time of year certainly did not help catch the refugees.
Finally, the zoo staff managed to see a hawk howling in one of the trees. The monkey was so tall that it was impossible to shoot him in his sleep.
The guards decided to overtake the monkey. Under the tree where he was hiding, they brought a pot of boiled potatoes, which the monkey loved.
In addition, a friend of the monkey from the zoo appeared under the tree, and he had to persuade the bee to return home.
All in vain. The stubborn monkey did not intend to return for a long time.
He finally surrendered.
Very gentle Ptasznik from Pruskov
The tarantula spider escaped from the terrarium in 2019. The landlord asked to be contacted. “The giant spider is harmless,” he assured her.
– Attention. I ran away from home, I’m not aggressive, I’m gentle, please don’t kill me, if anyone encounters me, contact me, “a Pruskov resident wrote on one of the Facebook groups.
The comments at the bottom of the post contained information that the spider probably broke the glass cover of the terrarium. He could leave the apartment through an open window. As the owner is sure, the tarantula will not attack unless it feels threatened.
Residents of Wąwolnica (Lubelskie Voyevodeship) could not believe what they saw on Monday morning: a zebra was running in the streets of their city. The animal escaped from the mini-zoo in Voychekhov and headed for Nalenchova.
– Earlier, at 7 o’clock in the morning, drivers started calling us and reported that a zebra was running on the streets of Wawolnica. Pulawy police spokeswoman Ewa Rejn-Kozak joked that, in general, it was a traffic hazard because she did not know the rules.
Officers from Kurow immediately went to the scene. Meanwhile, a resident of Vavolnitsa caught a zebra and took him home to avoid being hit by a car.
The zebra fled for 10 kilometers. How is this possible?
– He was probably scared for some reason, maybe someone hit him, just scared him. We have been with us for 10 years and it has never been like this. Fortunately, he was not injured and everything is fine, said the owner of the mini-zoo in Voitsekhov. #
Puma ran around Ogrodzieniec (Silesia) – free. In July 2020, the services asked residents of the Zawiercie region to be careful.
It was known: a man from Puma left one of the properties in Ogrodzieniec. Police later conducted a large-scale search for the owner and his wild animal.
Like Asp media. Zawiercie District Police Deputy Spokesman Thomas Graboś and employees of the Poznan Zoo visited one of the residents of Ogrodzieniec. Following the court’s decision, they had to take the puma from the man, but they could not.
– During the attempt to collect the animal, from the place where the man lives, together with the cougar, to the territory of the forest – asp. Graboś.
Virtually all Zawiercie District Police officers were involved in the search. Police officers from the provincial headquarters in Katowice also went to the scene.
Hunting for tigers
In 2000, three tigers escaped from a circus near Warsaw.
The first information about tigers fleeing from the circus appeared on the radio in the morning. At the time, the whole situation seemed innocent and even ridiculous: three large cats ran around Tarxomi and were dragged to the Corona Circus by the combined forces of the city guard and the police.
– Two have already been caught and the last remaining tiger has just crossed the station in Wit Stwosza and is heading towards Legionowo. We must catch him soon, “said Valdemar Szczepaski, a spokesman for the Capital Command.
But then tragedy struck. During the hunt, a veterinarian was seriously wounded by a bullet intended for a tiger at the scene. A police officer who was looking for the weapon opened it.
The veterinarian died on the way to the hospital, and the police later gave him a suspended sentence.