In April last year, a car accident on the Biedowo-Barczewko route killed two teenagers: an almost 18-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy. As we know, the 19-year-old driver PJ did not have a driver’s license and amphetamine and alcohol were found on his body. He could face up to eight years in prison.
It should be noted that this tragic accident occurred on the night of April 11-12, 2021. Four people were traveling with Skoda, all of them residents of the commune Barczewo. Unfortunately, two people died as a result of the collision – almost 18-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy (Tragic accident near Olsztyn. Two teenagers died [ZDJĘCIA]).
It turned out that the 19-year-old PJ never had a driver’s license and drugs were found in his blood.
– More than three hours after the accident, blood was collected for analysis. The accused had almost 1 promil. Amphetamine was also found said Olstin-Northern District Prosecutor Arkadiusz Szulc.
A witness was sent to the Olsztyn District Court on Monday – a car driven by Kamil G. PJ, who was traveling with the accused and two teenagers on an unsuccessful day, crashed into an electric pole and Kamil G. fell from the windshield for not wearing a seat belt.
According to him, PJ came to his house about. 23 and the teenagers went to a gas station in Barczewo for cigarettes and alcohol.
– I knew that the defendant did not have a driver’s license. It is difficult for me to say whether he was under the influence of alcohol, because I was well prepared – A witness who had fun that day, drank beer and smoked marijuana confessed.
The witness testified that later they went to Barchevko, stopped from time to time to meet their physiological needs. He doesn’t remember the next way. He only woke up after the accident, when the police were already there.
He added that the accused did not take alcohol or drugs with him. He just smoked.
Prosecutor Arkadiusz Szulc said that the accused PJ was very young (he was 19 years old at the time of the accident) and had no problems with the law.
On the other hand, the man did not start work after leaving the hospital.
– He continues to do what he does, it’s nothing. He couldn’t find a job. In addition, he did not try to contact or apologize to the families of the victims, even though they lived close to each other. The prosecutor noted.
According to him, the punishment should be severe – 8 years in prison and a complete ban on driving. In addition, the PJ must pay 5,000 for the two victims. PLN compensation.
Defendant’s lawyer, Pavel Bubnovsky, said the case was a tragedy not only for the families of the victims, but also for the young driver.
– The process itself is a lesson. During the trial, the accused pleaded guilty. The injured were driving the same car as the accused. They agreed to ride with someone who does not have a driver’s license – The boss admitted.
He added that in his opinion, the punishment imposed by the prosecutor is too high.
– I will ask for a lighter sentence and a temporary ban on driving – PJ defender added
At the end, the accused apologized to the families of the teenagers.
– I wanted to apologize he confessed.
– A little late, baby. One year has passed since the children’s deaths. You never came and apologized – I made a mistake. You could never do that. You just posted photos on Facebook with beer in your hand. Is this a regret for killing two children? The mother of the dead girl asked.
Judge Anna Pałasz had to reprimand him. He added that the verdict will be announced on April 21.
Finally, we spoke a few words with the mother of the deceased girl and asked the defendant to really apologize.
– Tomorrow will be a year since her daughter died. He has never been with us. He never apologized. While at home after the accident, he posted photos of himself with a beer in his hand and a smile on his face on Facebook. There is no regret he said.
It turned out that his daughter and PJ have known each other since childhood – they studied together in elementary and high school.
– I don’t think my daughter knew she was affected. If he knew, he would not go he added.
It also sheds some light on the accused’s unemployment status.
– It is not true that it does not work. If I’m not mistaken, he worked on a poultry farm in Mokini (Barczewo commune) – noted.
He believes an eight-year prison sentence and a full driving ban are adequate.