Fur animals, as the name implies, are species bred for their fur. Social consciousness is changing as dynamically as fashion, and today the importance of the fur industry is marginalized. We prefer to admire the beauty of these species not in their wardrobes, but in their natural environment. Some fur animals are also bred as a hobby and not surprisingly – they are easy to care for and are perfect as a first pet for a child. What types of fur animals are there? What do you need to know about raising these pets at home?
Fur animals are no longer accepted as a raw material for the fur industry. More and more countries are banning them from farming for leather supplies. However, there are no contraindications to raising such pets at home, and this can be a very good idea for people who do not have time to look after a more absorbent pet, such as a dog or cat. With proper care, these lovely cats become extremely social.
Like terrarium animals, pets are a lot of fun for the owner – it is an interesting experience to observe their behavior and habits.
Chinchilla is small
These lovely animals are found in nature in the mountainous areas of Chile. Often they are characterized by a gray or beige color with a white touch on the abdomen. They have large, round ears and dark, bright eyes. They are one of the busiest fur animals, so the breeder should pay attention to the appropriate conditions for the pet and perhaps two pets, because chinchillas have a strong developed herd instinct and feel great next to other representatives of the species..
Rabbits are among the most popular domestic fur animals, mainly for their cheerful, sociable nature. They are reliable and gentle, they are not difficult to tame and bring up. However, it should be borne in mind that these favorite herbs tend to gain weight. Therefore, the frequency of feeding and feeding should be selected according to the requirements of a particular sex.
Home coffee, known as guinea pig, is native to South America. Like rabbits, it occurs in many breeds and is often selected as a pet. They belong to a group of animals that are firmly attached to their guardians. Remember this, because guinea pigs often require attention and usually do it very loudly.
There is no shortage of fur animals in Polish forests. The most interesting of them are described below.
These beautiful red-furry animals come from Eurasia, but today they can be found in many parts of the world, including North America and Australia. Its cosmopolitan nature is the result of easy adaptation to different climatic conditions. Foxes are classified as predatory species, but it should be noted that the diet of this animal also includes plants..
These little mammals from the Mustel family come from North America, but today they can also be found in Europe and South America, where individuals of this species were imported for fur – soft, dense, brown in color.. Small animals have a beautiful appearance, but keep in mind that we are talking here about an extremely aggressive predator with a strong developed territorial instinct. Minks want to fight even bigger animals.
European rabbits are often confused with rabbits. Unlike their relatives, they are fuller and their ears are shorter than their heads. They reach a length of 40 cm and weigh up to 2.8 kg. They are most often characterized by brown-gray or steel-gray color.
Furry animals do not require as much attention as farm animals, but this does not mean that they only need minimal care. First of all, you need to know the needs and habits of a particular species. Most fur animals require a lot of movement and space, so they should not always be kept in cages. Nature has endowed these species with excellent hearing, so a noisy environment will be stressful for them.. With that in mind, keep the furry animal’s cage away from windows, TVs, or audio equipment speakers.
The cage must be equipped with the necessary accessories – feeder, drinker and wheel. Some species, such as chinchillas and hamsters, instinctively seek refuge – in a space or tunnel – so they must have a special home dedicated to a particular animal in their space.
Don’t forget to take care of your pet. In this regard, chinchillas are especially demanding. In addition to regularly combing the fur, it should be possible for them to pass through sand baths. This is necessary for the good mental condition of the animal.
We have included some general tips on keeping fur animals above. If you want to take good care of your loved one, you need to study professional literature that deals with a certain genre.
- American minks often live in the hollows of trees or in the hollows of other animals. However, it is worth noting that these small predators are great “architects” – they can build large nests with many chambers and a network of corridors.
- Minks feel great in the water. They can dive to a depth of 6 meters to fish!
- Rabbits spend a lot of time on daily hygiene. Cats are licked regularly to keep their hair clean, and so are cats.
- Not everyone knows about it, but the field of view of rabbits is almost 360 degrees. This is due to the eyes placed on the sides of the head. The brain of this animal combines the transmitted stimuli in one image. Thanks to this mechanism, rabbits can quickly see the predator that threatens them.
- Nature has given the rabbit 28 teeth that will grow throughout the animal’s life. Each week their length increases by several millimeters.
- Chinchillas have the same hearing ability as humans. This means that they hear exactly the same tones and sounds, but their ears are more sensitive than ours.
- Some fur animals, such as rabbits, chinchillas, and guinea pigs, digest twice. The food consumed by these animals passes through their digestive system and is then excreted for re-consumption.